Šmídl holding’s personal data processing principles
On May 25th, 2018, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on personal data protection, known as GDPR, entered into force in the Czech Republic. One of the requirements of the new regulation is also the Personal Data Controller’s (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) obligation to inform data subjects (see below) about the personal data processing principles, which the Company follows when processing personal data, in particular:
- who are the Data Subjects whose personal data is processed by the Company
- what personal data the Company processes
- the purpose for which personal data is processed by the Company
- who, if any, are their other recipients to whom this personal data is transferred
- for how long personal data is processed and stored
- what are the Data Subjects rights
- how Personal Data Subjects can exercise their rights with the processing Company
In addition to Šmídl Holding Company a.s., Business ID No: 03220311, with its registered office in Čs. armády 991, Žamberk, 564 01, entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, Section B, Insert 3315, all legal entities within this holding are the administrators and personal data processors, i.e.:
- Šmídl Provozní Holding s.r.o., Business ID No: 03526275, with its registered office in Čs. armády 991, Žamberk, 564 01 entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, section C, insert 34220
- Šmídl s.r.o., Business ID No: 26009030, with its registered office in Čs. armády 991, Žamberk, 564 01, entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, section C, insert 19828
- Šmídl Servis s.r.o., Business ID No: 02352583, with its registered office in Čs. armády 991, Žamberk, 564 01, entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, section C, insert 34296
- Šmídl Reality s.r.o., Business ID No: 02418541, with its registered office in Čs. armády 991, Žamberk, 564 01, entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, section C, insert 32979
- NIKA Logistics a.s., Business ID No: 03624188, with its registered office at Nádražní 220, Hrochův Týnec, 538 62, entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Hradec Králové, Section B, Insert 3367
Your personal data may be shared, and processed within all of the Šmídl Holding’s a.s. group of companies
Who are the Personal Data Subjects we process?
- Company employees
- Customers of these Companies (or their customers and suppliers) as recipients or senders of shipments that we transport or store
- Company suppliers
- Other entities (especially representatives of state administration bodies, state supervision or insurance companies that enter into the solution of traffic accidents or other damage cases)
What personal data do we process?
In particular it is:
- Identification data – name, surname, title, company, job position
- Contact details – email, phone numbers, company address or contact address
- Recordings from camera systems – in freely accessible parts of the Company’s premises
What is the purpose for the Company processing personal data?
We process your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of:
- fulfilment of obligations arising from generally binding legal regulations
- fulfilment of obligations arising from contracts
- fulfilment of obligations arising from the conditions of the services used
- contact management for customer representatives and business partners
- sending business messages with the offer of products and services
- organising business events and training, including invitations and other organisational arrangements
- ensuring the protection of the Company’s rights and legitimate interests
Who are other recipients to whom this personal data is transferred?
- state administration and state supervision bodies
- information systems providers
- Company customers
- service providers who participate in implementing the Company’s business cases
- potential Company customers
- external service providers (e.g., building security service)
- other entities (e.g., damage in traffic accidents)
How long is personal data processed and stored?
- Personal data will be processed for the contractual relationship’s validity period and after its termination they will be disposed of in accordance with the valid legal regulation, especially Act No. 85/1996 Coll. (Advocacy Act), Act No. 499/2004 Coll. (Law on Archiving and Records Management and on Amendments to Certain Acts) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27th, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to personal data processing and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR Regulation).
- What are the data subject’s rights?
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, its correction or deletion, or restrictions on processing and to object to the processing from the controller, as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to make a complaint, and if you suspect that the processing is in breach of protecting your private or personal life, or in breach of the law, you have the right to ask the controller to remove the situation.
How can Personal Data Subjects exercise their rights with the Company?
- We process your data transparently, correctly, and in accordance with the GDPR and generally binding legal regulations. You have the right to access and correct your data. You can exercise this right of access to your data and other rights by sending a request to the e-mail address email@example.com
Where can I get more information?
- More information on the rights of the data subject is available on the Personal Data Protection Office website. (https://www.uoou.cz/6-prava-subjektu-udaj/d-27276)